Hello, my name is Kim Shaw, and I speciliase as an Eating Disorders Therapist. I very much hope that, after visiting this website, you will get a genuine idea of my open and honest beliefs about eating disorders, and that you will therefore want to see if we can work together in order to hopefully find what you need to deal more positively with your difficulties. I believe that I am able to bring a unique mix of understanding into the world of anyone who is struggling, whether directly or indirectly, with the often debilitating effects of an eating disorder. Having had my own previous personal eating disorders experience, both as a sufferer and as a carer, I come not only with the relevant professional training and qualifications in this special area of expertise, but also with profound personal perspectives and practical methods for both the fighting, and thankfully the conquering, of the battle ground that can exist inside our bodies. As a consequence of having been there myself in my own different but perhaps also similar ways, I am not here to judge you, but rather to help you become your own expert on the various elements that make up your own struggles, so that you can re-choose your own more connected and healthy daily life and future. I want to tell you that it really doesn’t have to be the same as it is now forever.
- Master Practitioner in Eating Disorders – The National Centre for Eating Disorders (NCFED), Approved by The British Psychological Society (BPS) Learning Centre.
- Advanced Diploma in Integrative Counselling and Therapy.
- Transactional Analysis 101 – The Institute of Transactional Analysis (ITA).
- I hold an Enhanced DBS (Disoclosure & Barring Service) Certificate (formerly known as a CRB check) for working with Adults and with Children.
- Nutritional Skills for Eating Disorders – The National Centre for Eating Disorders (NCFED).
- Practitioner Skills For Eating Disorders – The National Centre for Eating Disorders (NCFED).
- Practitioner Skills in Obesity Management – The National Centre for Eating Disorders (NCFED).
- Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) Level 1 and Level 2 – The Association for the Advancement of Meridian Energy Techniques (AAMET).
- Working With Issues of Self Esteem.
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy.
- Sandtray Therapy (Jungian, Family Constellation and TA).